Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. It is easy, the ingredients are always on my shelf & boy, is it tasty! Change the sausage to spicy for more heat.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage (I use Bob Evans Savory Sage)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a Dutch oven or other large, pan cook sausage with onion, crumbling sausage into small pieces.
- Drain grease off.
- Add potatoes, water & spices.
- Bring mixture to a boil & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add both cans of corn & evaporated milk.
- Simmer but do not boil.
- I have used substituted 2 cups of frozen corn for the whole kernel corn.
GOOD! The first time I made this recipe, I used turkey sausage because it's all I had but it turned out good! I think you can substitute any kind of sausage you like... My 12 y-old daughter liked it very much, she ask for it every week ! She calls it: the corn soup.
Great recipe! It was fast & easy! In a pinch for quick weeknight dinner, I used canned potatoes. We're also a cheesey kind of family, so we sprinkled some shredded montery jack on top, and it was really yummy! Serve with fresh, crusty Italian bread and you have a filling and delicious meal for the family.
Made one little addition in that I used 4 cups of frozen corn, mostly 'cause I like corn! Also used a mild Italian sausage, & THIS CHOWDER IS EXTREMELY TASTY, & the recipe a definite keeper ~ Thanks so much for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC]