I call this recipe 'Illegal Pot Pie' because it is such a cheat recipe that it should be illegal. It came about the other night when I was hungry for ‘something’ and looked in the cabinet and saw a can of Campbell’s Chunky Turkey Pot Pie Soup. I then remembered that I had a pie crust in the refrigerator! I am a fan of double crusted pot pies, but you can certainly use the top crust only. You can also use any soup you would like as long as it a thick, chunky soup with some substance. OAMC friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces campbell's chunky turkey pot pie soup
- 1 pillsbury ready made double crust pie crust
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Carefully roll out the thawed pie crusts. For the bottom dough, cut them 1/2" larger than the ramekin, making sure you've cut enough to go across the bottom and up the sides yet still have that 1/2" overlay.
- 2Cut a circle of dough for the top using the top of the ramekin to cut the dough. Using a knife cut a small X in the center of the dough.
- 3Pour the soup in a bowl - salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Split the soup between the ramekins - filling to 1/4" of an inch from the rim.
- 5Place the round dough on top of the ramekin.
- 6Dip your fingertip in water and trace around the dough circle.
- 7Bring the excess dough up from the sides of the bottom crust and seal it down over the water ring on the dough circle. Using a fork or your fingers, crimp the dough to completely seal.
- 8Bake pies at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the crust is a puffed golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Illegal Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.6
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 975.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chunky turkey pot pie soup