Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I call this recipe 'Illegal Pot Pie' because it is such a cheat recipe that it should be illegal. It came about the other night when I was hungry for ‘something’ and looked in the cabinet and saw a can of Campbell’s Chunky Turkey Pot Pie Soup. I then remembered that I had a pie crust in the refrigerator! I am a fan of double crusted pot pies, but you can certainly use the top crust only. You can also use any soup you would like as long as it a thick, chunky soup with some substance. OAMC friendly!
- 18 ounces campbell's chunky turkey pot pie soup
- 1 pillsbury ready made double crust pie crust
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Carefully roll out the thawed pie crusts. For the bottom dough, cut them 1/2" larger than the ramekin, making sure you've cut enough to go across the bottom and up the sides yet still have that 1/2" overlay.
- Cut a circle of dough for the top using the top of the ramekin to cut the dough. Using a knife cut a small X in the center of the dough.
- Pour the soup in a bowl - salt and pepper to taste.
- Split the soup between the ramekins - filling to 1/4" of an inch from the rim.
- Place the round dough on top of the ramekin.
- Dip your fingertip in water and trace around the dough circle.
- Bring the excess dough up from the sides of the bottom crust and seal it down over the water ring on the dough circle. Using a fork or your fingers, crimp the dough to completely seal.
- Bake pies at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until the crust is a puffed golden brown.
Fantastic idea! I used Campbell's Beef and Vegetable soup, but I think I will try other soups as well. I used the "Recipe #10830" here on Zaar. Thank you!
What a great idea! I am also a fan of 2 crust pot pies. I made this as a single pie so the filling wasn't quite enough, next time I will make 2 smaller pies. A;so I prefer more gravy in my pie, so I will experiment with other soups! Thanks Brandess, for such a clever recipe.
Quick and super easy. Family loved them. Think I'll try it with different soups see how that works. Thanks for shareing this wonderful recipe.