Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Illawarra Plum is the fruit of the Illawarra plum pine tree. The plums look like bunches of blue grapes grouped along a thick stalk. They have a high vitamin C content and a pine and grape taste. You can find the sauce online for a small fee, plus shipping. A great Aussie recipe!
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces port wine
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce red wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 fluid ounces illawarra plum sauce
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces rosella syrup
- 1⁄2 ounce honey
- 2 ounces whole illawarra plums
- In a very hot pan brown the ribs, then lower the heat and continue to cook the ribs till they are done.
- Pour port wine and wine vinegar into hot pan and reduce heat by half.
- Add the Illawarra plum sauce, rosella syrup and honey.
- Bring to the boil and add the Illawarra plums, simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce onto the plate, place the ribs on the sauce and then place the plums on the ribs.