- 2 lbs taro root, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel roots, wash and pat dry.
- Preheat oil and fry taro roots.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Take 2 tbsp oil, and fry onions until transparent, and place in a pot.
- Add roots, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until roots are tender.
- Mix the tahini with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add garbanzo beans and tahini into the taro mixture, and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve at room temperature.