1 hr 10 mins
Lebanese comfort food. You might, if you can't find taro, use a waxy potato as a substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel roots, wash and pat dry.
- 2Preheat oil and fry taro roots.
- 3Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 4Take 2 tbsp oil, and fry onions until transparent, and place in a pot.
- 5Add roots, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- 6Simmer until roots are tender.
- 7Mix the tahini with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 8Add garbanzo beans and tahini into the taro mixture, and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- 9Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ill'as B'tahini (Taro Roots in Tahini)
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.1 g