Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lebanese comfort food. You might, if you can't find taro, use a waxy potato as a substitute.
Make and share this Ill'as B'tahini (Taro Roots in Tahini) recipe from Food.com.
- Peel roots, wash and pat dry.
- Preheat oil and fry taro roots.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Take 2 tbsp oil, and fry onions until transparent, and place in a pot.
- Add roots, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until roots are tender.
- Mix the tahini with the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add garbanzo beans and tahini into the taro mixture, and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve at room temperature.