Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Its just lovely. Hearty. Rich and Garlic-y. You'll love it. I came up with this recipe when I was trying to make a chili that tasted like Wendy's chili. It's not Wendy's. It's better.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared garlic in oil or 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- shredded cheese (optional garnish)
- sour cream (optional garnish)
- Combine beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices in a large pot, bring to a boil, and let simmer on low heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a pan on medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are slightly translusent (see-through) and golden colored.
- Add the ground beef to the pan, cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until meat is browned and onions are fully translusent.
- Add the beef, onions, and garlic to the pot, and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve, garnishing with cheese and sour cream, and enjoy!
I made this on Friday night for a quick meal on Saturday....so good! Used ground round and a couple cloves of garlic. This made a thicker style chili that was wonderful topped with cheese and sour cream! Thank you Kalina!
I love this recipe! Sometimes I whip it up for the kids on chilly days. Or any day! My kids just adore this recipe! If you are not a big fan of hot peppers you can always leave them out and just use tomatoes. I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I do!