Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Don't look for any CH here! I don't like hot seasonings, never will. This is a wonderful, quick, very tasty, no-alarm chili.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium yellow onion, coursely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coursely chopped
- 1 can sliced mushroom
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cream of tomato soup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper
- In large frying pan, brown ground chuck, drain.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic to beef.
- Cook and stir for several minutes, on medium heat.
- Place above mixture in a large saucepan.
- Add soup, tomatoes, beans, water and seasonings.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in soup mugs, garnished with shredded cheddar or colby.
- Garlic bread or Texas toast goes nicely with this soup.