1/2 Photos of Ilene's Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
This recipe is a huge hit everytime I make it and never lasts. If by chance you do have leftovers it's good cold, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream, I prefer Knudsen
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, I prefer Best Foods
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (I prefer 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 dashes cracked black pepper
- 1*Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2*Thaw and drain spinach. I find it easiest to do this by putting thawed spinach in a clean dish towel and wringing out the excess liquid.
- 3*Add spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese and 1 cup monterey jack cheese to a large bowl and combine till well mixed.
- 4*In a separate bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, milk, cream, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper till well combined.
- 5*Add wet ingredients to spinach and cheese mixture and mix well. Taste for salt -- add a little more if needed.
- 6*Pour into a greased (butter or Pam) casserole dish and top with remaining 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese.
- 7*Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- 8*Serve with tortilla chips or baguette slices.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ilene's Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.9
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 879.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.6 g