Recipe by MsWolfcry
This recipe is a huge hit everytime I make it and never lasts. If by chance you do have leftovers it's good cold, too!
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, I prefer Knudsen
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, I prefer Best Foods
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (I prefer 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 dashes cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- *Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- *Thaw and drain spinach. I find it easiest to do this by putting thawed spinach in a clean dish towel and wringing out the excess liquid.
- *Add spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese and 1 cup monterey jack cheese to a large bowl and combine till well mixed.
- *In a separate bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, milk, cream, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper till well combined.
- *Add wet ingredients to spinach and cheese mixture and mix well. Taste for salt -- add a little more if needed.
- *Pour into a greased (butter or Pam) casserole dish and top with remaining 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese.
- *Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
- *Serve with tortilla chips or baguette slices.