Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This goes well with Cody's Brunch Casserole. **Prep time includes freezing time**
- 2 pints strawberries, stemmed, hulled and divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- sparkling water
- orange slice
- mint sprig
- In a large bowl, crush 1/2 basket of strawberries with the sugar. Add wine, lemon juice, orange juice concentrated, undiluted. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and concentrate is thawed and blended.
- Pour into a shallow metal pan; freeze until firm 1-2 inches around the edges. Stir to blend. Freeze until firm, tightly covered.
- To serve, fill 4 stemmed glasses with spoonfuls of sangria ice and the remaining strawberries, halved or sliced. Reserve 4 whole berries for garnish. Fill with sparkling water and garnish with berries, orange slices and mint sprigs.
We had Christmas morning with our breakfast casserole and it was so good! My family declare this our holiday breakfast drink choice from now on!