Recipe by Hill Family
This is a great greek heart food. The McElvains love this and could live on it. Serve with greek salad, pita bread and lemon rice.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
We really enjoyed this. What great flavor! I let mine marinate for 29 hours. Next time I will cut WAY back on the salt as this was too salty for us. Thanks, Hill Family for a real keeper!
- 3 -4 lbs pork roast or 3 -4 lbs turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 fresh lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into 1” cubs. Trim fat. Put in bowl.
- Mix other ingredients.
- Olive oil should buoy the spices around the meat (should cover meat).
- Marinade at least 24 hours, stir every 4-6 hours.
- Skewer meat and cook on grill. When meat is cooked, dip in juice of lemon or squeeze it on.
- Serve with pita bread, salad and rice.