Recipe by Hill Family
This is Ila's favorite meal request. She requests this on her birthday, mothers day, really any day she can get it. It's very easy and fast.
Top Review by Kim127
DH and I both thought this was a superb dinner. The flavor from the herbs and spices was spot on and the cayenne gave it just a little kick of heat. I used just over a lb of shrimp for the 2 of us but left the rest of the amounts the same. We had plenty of sauce this way. We served it over Recipe #137364 by mama's kitchen (my go to rice recipe). Thanks Hill Family for a wonderful supper!
- 793.78 g cleaned and shelled shrimp (not pre-cooked)
- 88.74 ml shrimp stock (can substitute veg. stock or just use water)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.14 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml dried sweet basil leaves
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml dried oregano
- 226.79 g white mushroom, sliced
- steamed rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt butter, add spices and green onions.
- Add the shrimp and cook one minute then add mushrooms and stock.
- Cook till shrimp are opaque and mushroom are done.
- Serve with French bread and over hot steamed rice- best in a bowl so the juice doesn't run all over.