Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is Ila's favorite meal request. She requests this on her birthday, mothers day, really any day she can get it. It's very easy and fast.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cleaned and shelled shrimp (not pre-cooked)
- 6 tablespoons shrimp stock (can substitute veg. stock or just use water)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- steamed rice
- In a large skillet melt butter, add spices and green onions.
- Add the shrimp and cook one minute then add mushrooms and stock.
- Cook till shrimp are opaque and mushroom are done.
- Serve with French bread and over hot steamed rice- best in a bowl so the juice doesn't run all over.
DH and I both thought this was a superb dinner. The flavor from the herbs and spices was spot on and the cayenne gave it just a little kick of heat. I used just over a lb of shrimp for the 2 of us but left the rest of the amounts the same. We had plenty of sauce this way. We served it over Perfect Basic White Rice by mama's kitchen (my go to rice recipe). Thanks Hill Family for a wonderful supper!
This is a lovely shrimp recipe. It has a light flavor, the strongest is the pepper in the background. It really is very easy and quick. I served it over white rice this time, but I didn't have bread for dipping. I may try it in sandwich rolls next time for something really different. Thanks for posting, Hill Family!