Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is Ila's favorite meal request. She requests this on her birthday, mothers day, really any day she can get it. It's very easy and fast.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cleaned and shelled shrimp (not pre-cooked)
- 6 tablespoons shrimp stock (can substitute veg. stock or just use water)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, sliced
- steamed rice
- In a large skillet melt butter, add spices and green onions.
- Add the shrimp and cook one minute then add mushrooms and stock.
- Cook till shrimp are opaque and mushroom are done.
- Serve with French bread and over hot steamed rice- best in a bowl so the juice doesn't run all over.