Recipe by Hill Family
This salsa is a bit different in that you blacken the onions before adding them to the mix. Ila says they have this salsa in the fridge almost all year and that is KICKS @$$!!
Top Review by NELady
Very good, very HOT, salsa. I am totally amazed by step 4 (you can add crushed red pepper) - it was pretty spicy with the jalapenos (I used 2). I added a clove of garlic and put a handful of chopped, fresh cilantro into the blender instead of just using it for garnish. Really good! Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 large white onions
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the onion into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cook on grill till nicely blackened.
- Place all ingredients including onions in food processor or blender. Process till semi smooth or desired consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
- **You can also add crushed red pepper to amp the heat!**.