1/2 Photos of Ila's Potato Leek Soup
Hill Family's Note:
This soup is serious comfort food and it freezes great - just make sure to heat slowly after defrosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash leeks, trim off root ends and green leaves, then chop white part in food processor. Mash half of the potatoes and cut remaining potatoes into small cubes.
- 2Melt butter in stock pot. Add leeks and saute, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes and taking care that the leeks don't turn brown. Stir in broth, dill, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Combine half and half and flour stirring till smooth. Whish half and half into soup and cook till slightly thickened.
- 3Stir in mashed and cubed potatoes, simmering for 10-15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and stir in sour cream.
- 4Garnish with fresh dill - serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ila's Potato Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.7
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: