Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Why go to all the hassle of making and cutting a pecan pie when you can easily have these, as Ila called them BOMBDIGGITY squares?
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Karo syrup (light or dark)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- Mix all crust ingredients until dry and crumbly. Press crust firmly into the bottom of a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 - 1” pan. Bake until golden brown for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Mix together filling ingredients except pecans. When mixed thoroughly add pecans and pour over baked crust. Bake until filling is set approx 25 minutes - at 350 degrees.
Followed the recipe exactly as written. These were very good and easy enough to make.
These were fantastic! A word of warning though, grease the pan VERY well - I apparently did not and it was quite a challenge to get the bars out...very much worth the effort though! Thanks for a great recipe!
Very Yummy and so easy to do. Thanks o the Hill family!!