Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a really good easy dinner - prep time includes marindate time. Not really sure who to give credit for this recipe too. Ila or Bert make it and it is Dylan's favorite dinner, so all can get credit now.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix together all marinade items together. Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate in the mix for 1-4 hours.
- Place oil in wok on medium heat and add chicken, browning it. Set aside. Cut green peppers, onion and green onions into 1 inch pieces.
- Stir fry onions in the wok until getting clear then add the green pepper (cooking slightly) and the salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken and cashews cooking just long enough to heat.
- Serve over hot rice.
I loved this! I added some fresh broccoli and some carrots to add color, but otherwise I left it just the way it was posted. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to discard the marinade or add some to the dish to make a sauce, so I boiled my marinade on the stove top, added some cornstarch, and added about half after everything had cooked so my rice would have a little sauce. Perfect dinner for after work....thanks for sharing!
This was truly delicious! Move over, takeout joint! I made the marinade as directed, and used only 3/4 lb chicken. I then added a stalk or so of celery and about 2 cups fresh broccoli, both of which were added to the pan with the onions. I wasn't sure if the marinade was meant to be added to the pan or discarded, but we like lots of sauce so I added it to the pan with the chicken and let it boil for a good while as the chicken cooked. The chicken didn't brown as quickly as if I had sauteed it, but I was glad to have the extra "sauce" for my veggies. I also used only 1/2 c roasted salted cashews, which was just enough for us. Thanks so much for posting...this is truly a keeper! Made for Top Favorites of 2009 tag, and I can see why it made the list!
This was indeed an easy and delicious dinner, especially since I did all the prep work earlier in the day and just put it together at night, the longest part to make was the rice, lol! I chose to use shrimp rather than chicken, I marinated the shrimp as directed, but did not pre-cook it as you would the chicken, I simply added it in step 3 and let it cook through then. I used one green AND one red pepper, since we like them and it added some lovely colour! I served this with Recipe #380852 Very much enjoyed, thank you! made for I Recommend Tag game.