Recipe by Hill Family
This is a really good easy dinner - prep time includes marindate time. Not really sure who to give credit for this recipe too. Ila or Bert make it and it is Dylan's favorite dinner, so all can get credit now.
Top Review by breezermom
I loved this! I added some fresh broccoli and some carrots to add color, but otherwise I left it just the way it was posted. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to discard the marinade or add some to the dish to make a sauce, so I boiled my marinade on the stove top, added some cornstarch, and added about half after everything had cooked so my rice would have a little sauce. Perfect dinner for after work....thanks for sharing!
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all marinade items together. Cut the chicken into cubes and marinate in the mix for 1-4 hours.
- Place oil in wok on medium heat and add chicken, browning it. Set aside. Cut green peppers, onion and green onions into 1 inch pieces.
- Stir fry onions in the wok until getting clear then add the green pepper (cooking slightly) and the salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken and cashews cooking just long enough to heat.
- Serve over hot rice.