Recipe by anglgrl0077
These meatballs are delicious-if you ever go shopping at an Ikea, you must stop at their restaurant and try these.
Top Review by bigbirdhouse
I was making this for a crowd so I used 1.5 lbs. ground beef and 1 lb. ground pork. I doubled everything else and the consistency was fine. The meatballs were difficult to roll by hand but dropping them in the pan using a cookie dough scoop worked great! Very, very delicious!!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup 10% cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in first tablespoon of oil until translucent. Set aside and let cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk, let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, breadcrumbs, milk egg, meat and seasonings. Mix thoroughly. Form tablespoon of the meat mixture into balls.
- Over medium heat, fry meatballs in second tablespoon of oil until brown on all sides.
- In a small saucepan, combine gravy and cream; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve meatballs with gravy, boiled potatoes and lingonberry preserves.