Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These pancakes are nice and fluffy and remind me a lot of pancakes from IHOP.
Make and share this Ihop Style Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little n on stick spray. You can also use a griddle.
- In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5 inch circles.
- When the edges appear to harden, flip them. They should be light brown.
I just found this recipe in Top Secret Recipes. They're so delicious I ate them plain. I cooked these in a cast-iron skillet that was lightly buttered instead of using cooking spray. I didn't have milk but evaporated milk tasted great. I put a splash of vinegar into the evaporated milk to make buttermilk. The only difference in the recipe I used is it calls for a pinch of salt instead of 1/4 teaspoon (otherwise identical). If you're having one of those mornings where you feel like going out for breakfast instead of cooking, give these a try. All you need for a quick and delicious breakfast is a blender. Thank you for posting this!