Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I first ate these at IHOP and fell in love with them. These are my favorite pancakes in the UNIVERSE!!! Unfortunately they're seasnonal so I got the recipe from CopyCat.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk (1/8 - 1/4 cup more if needed to keep batter thinner)
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin puree (pumpkin from a can will work)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium sized bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda, whisk together with a fork to blend all of the dry ingredients.
- Add vegetable oil, slightly beaten egg, 1 and 1/2 cups of buttermilk and stir until mixture is just well blended.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until you have a uniform mixture.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat or use a griddle and heat to 350 degrees.
- Oil the cooking area slightly with vegetable oil, and then pour batter onto surface. I find about 1/2 cup of batter creates a pancake that is easy to handle.
- Flip your pancake over when you see the edges of the pancake become dry and small bubbles from on the uncooked side. After pancakes are flipped cook for another minute or two.
- Turning pancakes is made much easier if you spray your pancake turner with a non stick spray.
- This recipe makes about nine 4" - 5" pancakes. Serve warm with your favorite syrup.