Recipe by Roberts44
I got this recipe from the "Top Secret Recipes" cook book, by Todd Wilbur. My stepson who normally hates home made pancakes loves these! I ALWAYS double this recipe. You can freeze left over pancakes (if there are any), or save the batter in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then make fresh pancakes again. I have made home made pancakes for years. This is the very best pancake recipe I've ever made! My family loves these pancakes. It is a popular request.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Great pancakes! The recipe made about 12 flavorful pancakes. I found that I needed to cook them at a lower temperature than I usually do for pancakes, because they brown up very quickly. Great flavor. Thank you!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a skillet over med heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.
- In a blender, or with mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5 inch circles.
- When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be light brown.
- Cook on the other side for same amount of time, until light golden brown.