Recipe by LoveMy2Angels
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I found this recipe a while back but cannot remember from where. It included the french bread part but I cannot get my hands on it? but for now, here's the Cinnamon Sauce and Cream Cheese icing. Just put on top of your favorite french toast recipe or pancakes. It'll be good for approximately 8 french toast pieces. It's really delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (salted)
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half, divided use
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- TO PREPARE THE CINNAMON SAUCE: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, 2 tablespoons half-and-half, cinnamon, salt, and cloves and cook while stirring constantly until mixture comes to a simmer. Immediately remove from heat, add remaining tablespoon of half-and-half and stir in flour.
- TO PREPARE THE CREAM CHEESE ICING: Combine ingredients for cream cheese icing in a medium bowl. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon icing into a squirt bottle.
- TO ASSEMBLE YOUR DISH: Spread about a tablespoon of cinnamon sauce on top of each pancake, or on each slice of French toast as you stack them. A typical serving at the restaurant is two pancakes or two slices of French toast. Drizzle cream cheese icing over the top, and finish off your stack with a dollop of whipped cream.