Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Gourmet Magazine May 1998, this iced tea is served at the Ihilani Resort and Spa in Oahu, Hawaii. You can substitute frozen passion fruit puree, available at Latino markets if you cannot find frozen passion fruit concentrate.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I made this wonderful treat, exactly as written and would not change a thing. Kudos to you COOKGIRL, for getting me to like Ice Tea. This is wonderful, quick and easy to make, with excellent results. So flavorful, I really like that you can make out the different juices in the drink. I used Earl Grey tea, frozen passion fruit and cranberry juices and wildflower honey. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe which I will make often. Made for Beverage Anyone Tag Game 2015.
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 6 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2⁄3 cup frozen passion fruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- sugar (if using passion fruit puree only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tea bags in a heat proof pitcher. Bring a pot of water just to boil and pour over the tea bags.
- Cover pitcher and allow to steep 3 minutes.
- Once steeping is complete, remove the tea bags and refrigerate for several hours until very cold.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve over ice.