Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Gourmet Magazine May 1998, this iced tea is served at the Ihilani Resort and Spa in Oahu, Hawaii. You can substitute frozen passion fruit puree, available at Latino markets if you cannot find frozen passion fruit concentrate.
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 6 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2⁄3 cup frozen passion fruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- sugar (if using passion fruit puree only)
- Place the tea bags in a heat proof pitcher. Bring a pot of water just to boil and pour over the tea bags.
- Cover pitcher and allow to steep 3 minutes.
- Once steeping is complete, remove the tea bags and refrigerate for several hours until very cold.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve over ice.
I made this wonderful treat, exactly as written and would not change a thing. Kudos to you COOKGIRL, for getting me to like Ice Tea. This is wonderful, quick and easy to make, with excellent results. So flavorful, I really like that you can make out the different juices in the drink. I used Earl Grey tea, frozen passion fruit and cranberry juices and wildflower honey. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe which I will make often. Made for Beverage Anyone Tag Game 2015.
Excellent! I made this with earl grey tea and vanilla sugar instead of the honey. I love the tang of the passion fruit, and that it is only lightly sweet.
So refreshing...everyone will love this tea which has just the right touch of island sweetness. I stirred the honey into the hot tea before I put it in the refrigerator, and added the juices once it was chilled.