24 hrs 10 mins
From Victoria Boutenko's 12 Steps to Raw Foods. I haven't tried it yet and I have to give the library book back. I read in their newsletter that they tossed some crumbs from these crackers outside for the birds and in the spring flax started growing on the spot. Now that's *live* food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the flaxseed in a dry Vita-Mix blender. (Or do the best you can with a more wimpy blender. i.e. the kind I have.).
- 2Put that into a large bowl and put the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend.
- 3Mix all ingredients in the big bowl.
- 4Cover dough with a towel and let sit in a warm area overnight to ferment slightly.
- 5Use a spatula to spread dough onto non-stick dehydrating sheets and divide it into squares.
- 6Dehydrate until just dry if you want it to be bread-like. Dehydrate longer for crispy crackers that will keep for a couple months.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Igor's Crackers (Raw Foods)
Serving Size: 1 (1177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g