Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Victoria Boutenko's 12 Steps to Raw Foods. I haven't tried it yet and I have to give the library book back. I read in their newsletter that they tossed some crumbs from these crackers outside for the birds and in the spring flax started growing on the spot. Now that's *live* food!
- Grind the flaxseed in a dry Vita-Mix blender. (Or do the best you can with a more wimpy blender. i.e. the kind I have.).
- Put that into a large bowl and put the rest of the ingredients into the blender and blend.
- Mix all ingredients in the big bowl.
- Cover dough with a towel and let sit in a warm area overnight to ferment slightly.
- Use a spatula to spread dough onto non-stick dehydrating sheets and divide it into squares.
- Dehydrate until just dry if you want it to be bread-like. Dehydrate longer for crispy crackers that will keep for a couple months.