Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
The texture of jerky made from ground meat is different jerky made from a roast, but both ways are good, and I think this is a bit easier. This is a great beginner recipe if you have access to all the equipment and ingredients.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground elk or 1 lb ground venison
- 5 teaspoons Hi Mountain hickory blend jerky seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Hi Mountain hickory blend jerky cure
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (12-24 hours).
- Load into a jerky gun and shoot onto dehydrator racks (depending on the size of your dehydrator, you may need to make several batches to use up all of the meat).
- Dehydrate for 6 hours.