Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I felt like tuna casserole but had no tuna so I decided to improvise my tuna casserole recipe into Chicken and Asparagus.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup asparagus, cooked and cut 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken breast, cubed
- Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
- cube chicken, fry until no longer pink and set aside.
- cook bunch of chopped asparagus (or use frozen).
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I haven't tried this yet but will soon, and will update my rating. I was quite amused to find this under Tara's "recipes" ; I've been using her Tuna Casserole recipe forever, and love it. I decided to see what other delicious recipes she has posted, and it was as if she titled this one just for me!