Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love cobblers, especially peach, but there are days you just don't have the time to make the "real thing". So here is a short cut that is fast, good, and tasty hot or cold. For a special treat, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of a bowlful...yummers!!
- 2 (29 ounce) cans peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (no pudding)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into cubes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour peaches with syrup into 13 by 9 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top and fold into peaches and syrup.
- Put the little cubes of butter all over the top.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes.
- Serve hot, cold, or room temperature.
Made for Spring PAC 2010. At my house we love peach cobbler and sometimes you just crave something quick. Well this is the "GO TO" recipe. Very good. Slightly more cake-like than cobbler but still very tasty. Thanks for sharing.
I made this tonight and it was so easy. You get a lot of cake with very little work. (just my kind) I didn't have 2 cans of peaches so made with 1 jar each of Pears and Spiced Peaches with a Spice Cake. I just ran in to see the jars and they were both 'light syrup' not heavy. That may explain why it needed about an hour to bake. It was very sweet and I can't imagine it any sweeter, so I'm glad they were in light syrup. This is definitely a great dessert, where you can have the ingredients on hand all the time and whip something up in a flash MaryAnne
Excellent,we had this for dessert and all the grandkids and grow-ups loved it.Thanks for posting.