Recipe by 2girliesmama
My husband loves to experiment in the kitchen, and he almost always comes up with something wonderful. Well... this is his most recent. It is the perfect meal to put in the crock pot late Saturday night for after church on Sunday.
Top Review by greg_n77
This is not a bad recipe, however, I think the measurement listed for the garlic is incorrect - I think it should be 2 TEASPOONS, not TABLESPOONS! The garlic masked the flavor of the onion soup. I will make this again, and cut back the garlic. My husband and I like garlic, but as the recipe currently is, it's just too much.
- 3 large carrots
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 lbs beef shoulder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop carrots, potatoes and celery.
- Place them in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add water, dry soup mix, and bouillon to crock pot.
- Brown roast in hot oil.
- Place roast on top of vegetables in the crock pot.
- Pour soy sauce over roast.
- Rub garlic on the roast.
- Set crock pot on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5 hours.