Recipe by pamela t.
My neighbor Annie is a fantastic fake out cook. Rachel Ray has nothing on her. She develped these fake out candies for her kids when they wanted something sweet. They are eating fresh fruit, and can you believe, begging for more. For the harried mom, these are easy to make and you can include the little ones in preparation. Kids like to eat what they have helped to make. Cooking time is actually freezing time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
These little buggers were prepared start to finish so quickly, then FINISHED OFF even faster! Served them to a 'finger food' group & it was like 'Now you see them, now you don't!' Didn't think I'd care for the banana all that well, but it was gone just as fast as all the rest, so . . . [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 -3 bananas, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pineapple, cored, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 lb red grapes
- 1⁄2 lb green grape
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- cut fruit.
- Put sugar in one bowl and coconut in another.
- Roll fruit pieces in sugar and then roll in coconut.
- Place on cookie sheets in the freezer and fast freeze.
- Once frozen, you can place each type frut in a zip loc freezer bag and take out as needed.
- Do not thaw--eat within 5-8 minutes of taking them out of the freezer.