Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
So easy anyone can make it. This is a favorite of my family's. I'm not sure who gave it to me but I've shared it with a lot of people already. I usually double the sauce. My family loves to use it over their rice.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Beat all ingredients (other than chicken) together.
- Place chicken in sprayed pan. I use a 9x13 cake pan.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken cover with foil. Cook at 375 degrees 35-40 minutes. I usually take the foil off for the last 5 minutes.
- serve over rice or noodles.
This was really good! I was a little confused about the italian dressing mix, the only packets I've found are .7 oz. and I thought the amount called for would be incredibly salty so was afraid to add more. Well, I just used the one packet and it was good but I didn't pick up the flavor as much as I would have thought. Next time I will try an extra packet. Overall it was very good and I will definitely make again. Thanks!
I made this last night for dinner. It was enjoyed by all. I used my hand mixer to stir everything together and added some crushed French's Fried Onions to the mixture for added flavor and I decided to use cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken. I think the italian dressing mix was a nice touch, the chicken was tender and flavorful. Thanks CookingSherri for a quick & easy dinner!
I made this last week for dinner and thought it was "just okay". But then I had an opportunity to have some of the leftovers for lunch and I found this to be one of those recipes that simply tastes better the next day. So, the next time I want to make this I will mix the sauce ingredients the night before so the flavors can have more time to blend!