Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Ida shared this recipe with me... These are her comments: I served this dip in a rosemary and olive oil bread bowl. I toasted the bits of bread from the center, and served them along side. This was SO GOOD! Ida
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, and flaked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bread, bowl and bread, chunks for dipping or 1 cracker
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a med. bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, lemon, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- If cream cheese is still too hard, place all ingredients into a bowl, and use a mixer, on low speed, to combine.
- Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
- While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside, to create a bread bowl.
- Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
- Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf.
- Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a med. baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful appie! I made the recipe into 2 casseroles--one for immediate consumption. LOL and one for the freezer and Holidays. This dip is great hot; but had a couple of bites left and it was great cold, too. Made for Christmas Spelling Bee Event.