1/4 Photos of Ida's Maryland Crabby Dip
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
My friend Ida shared this recipe with me... These are her comments: I served this dip in a rosemary and olive oil bread bowl. I toasted the bits of bread from the center, and served them along side. This was SO GOOD! Ida
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, and flaked
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bread, bowl and bread, chunks for dipping or 1 cracker
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a med. bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, lemon, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3If cream cheese is still too hard, place all ingredients into a bowl, and use a mixer, on low speed, to combine.
- 4Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
- 6While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside, to create a bread bowl.
- 7Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
- 8Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well.
- 9Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf.
- 10Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a med. baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ida's Maryland Crabby Dip
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 557.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning