Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandmother's recipe for refrigerator yeast rolls. Preparation time does not include rising time of 1 1/2 hours.
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Sift together into a bowl the flour,baking powder,baking soda,salt and sugar.
- Work in shortening.
- Dissolve yeast in warm buttermilk and work into dough.
- Place dough into a large greased bowl and rub butter lightly over the top of dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and store in the refrigerator.
- Shape out rolls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake for 10 minutes in at 350 degrees.