Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother's recipe for homemade cranberry relish.
- 1 lb cranberries (chopped finely)
- 1 orange (seeded and chopped finely with the peel on)
- 1 apple (seeded and chopped finely with peel on)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple (crushed)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar (to taste)
- Blend first five ingredient.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
This is definitely one of the nicer tasting, uncooked cranberry relishes I've ever tasted! I used a large navel orange & a substantial Fuji apple along with the other listed ingredients, & since I didn't want it too tart, I included the whole cup of sugar! It was very nice as a side with chicken breasts, but we also enjoyed it over a vanilla pound cake & ice cream! Thanks for the nice keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]