Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, filling meal that is high in flavor. It contains your vegetables, dairy and meat all in one easy dish. Cooking time does not include the time needed to bake (or nuke) the potatoes.
- Cook the ground beef til browned, then drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package instructions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each fresh, hot baked potato. Fluff pulp with a fork.
- Top each potato with taco meat, cheese and green onion.
- Serve with bowls of salsa and sour cream and add as desired.
Very good for me and the wife said fabulous. I added onion, green chiles and a fresh jalapeno to the meat. Topped with tortilla strips. Thanks.
This was wonderful, yet so simple. This probably won't go in our regular rotation, but we all really liked it and will be great to make when we want something different.
This is a simple idea that had never occurred to me to try. I don't use pre-made seasoning packets, instead flavoring the beef with some chili powder, cumin, seasoned salt and a couple of Tbs of salsa. The whole family loved these, and were done in under 20 minutes, as we microwaved the potatoes. We'll be having these again soon.