Recipe by DuChick
This is a quick, filling meal that is high in flavor. It contains your vegetables, dairy and meat all in one easy dish. Cooking time does not include the time needed to bake (or nuke) the potatoes.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This is a great, easy meal that everyone with a family to feed needs to have in the mix. I do suggest a real oven-baked potato for quality, but ours was cooked in a crock pot and they can also be nuked for convenience. Taco stuffing in a potato is a pleasant surprise to those who haven't tried it and comfort food for those familiar with it. We have been doing something similar for years, calling it "Irish tacos." Kids love them, and they can be done salad-bar style with varied toppings so picky eaters can build their own. Made for Top Favorites of 2009.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 35.43 g envelope taco seasoning
- 4 large hot baked potatoes
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml chopped green onion
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef til browned, then drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package instructions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each fresh, hot baked potato. Fluff pulp with a fork.
- Top each potato with taco meat, cheese and green onion.
- Serve with bowls of salsa and sour cream and add as desired.