1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Most peaple think this is the best thing we do with our Idaho potatoes! You can't resist these light, fluffy, yummy treats!! Prep time includes time for rising. Fry a few at a time for about 2-3 minutes per side. An electric skillet works well to fry them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes in water until tender.
- 2Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the water.
- 3Set the 1/2 cup water aside.
- 4Cool to 110 degrees.
- 5Mash potatoes well.
- 6In lg bowl, dissolve yeast in reserved cooking water.
- 7Add mashed potatoes, milk, oil, sugar, eggs and salt.
- 8Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 9Place in greased bowl, turn to grease top.
- 10Cover and let rise for 1 hour, until doubled.
- 11Punch down, let rise again until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- 12Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thick.
- 13Cut with floured cutter.
- 14Heat oil to 375*.
- 15Fry until golden brown.
- 16Mix water and powdered sugar until smooth.
- 17Add vanilla.
- 18Dip warm doughnuts in glaze.
- 19Cool on wire racks.
- 20Try not to eat all of them at once!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Idaho Spudnuts (doughnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (2650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g