Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my friend Crystal's recipe. She made it for supper one evening and my husband and I just loved it! She was kind enough to share the recipe with me and I wonder if she knew that I would be kind enough to share it with all of you :)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Cook potatoes with jackets on until almost done or use leftover baked potatoes.
- Peel, cool and grate coarsely.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, but reserve 1/2 cup of grated cheese and corn flakes.
- Add this mixture to grated potatoes and blend carefully.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 1/2 hour.
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 c.
- grated cheese and 1/2 c.
- crushed corn flakes.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
YUM!! What a great potato dish! I sliced my pototoes real thin and I added about a 1/4c.whipping cream to the soup mixture and added about 1/2tsp of black pepper and a bundle of chopped green onions and I used cream of chicken soup. We really enjoyed this recipe. :) Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
How exciting to see one of my recipes posted - Thanks Pam! This has been a favourite in our family for years, ever since my mom came across this recipe in a magazine and decided to give it a try. It's become a staple at our holiday celebrations and is one of my favourite dishes to make for company. It never fails to be a hit!!