Recipe by Manami
Recipe courtesy Chef Harley French of the 5151 Cafe & Catering in Dallas, Tx. These quick & easy pancakes will be great with your favorite salsa. The estimated cost per serving is $1.00 Also a dollop of reduced-fat sour cream would be awesome with guacamole, of course - I know, it would raise the price slighly. ;)
Top Review by Love to Eat!!
Very good. I added some cayenne, cumin and chili powder to the potato mixture. Make sure you add the milk a little at a time as potatoes are different sizes and more or less may be needed to get the proper consistency. The cooling time is necessary to help firm things up too. I tried to cut some fat and only used a pam sprayed pan. I think using a bit more oil would have had better results. P.S. 1 cup of corn kernels is approximately 2 cobs of corn.
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (2 corn cobs)
- 2 ounces corn oil, divided
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded, diced into 1-inch sections
- 4 large idaho potatoes, peeled, diced into 1-inch sections
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot sauté pan, sauté corn in very hot oil, until it begins to caramelize.
- Add diced pepper and remove from heat.
- Boil potatoes until just tender; drain until dry. In food processor, blend potatoes with yolks, butter, salt, white pepper and milk until mixed.
- Fold in roasted corn-pepper mixture and cilantro.
- Chill 1 hour before shaping.
- Shape potato mixture into patties.
- In a hot sauté pan, brown patties in oil on both sides.
- Serve hot.