Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Taste will remind you of a Mounds bar. Want to make an Almond Joy? Top each candy with a toasted almond and use Milk Chocolate.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 10 ounces sweetened coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Chocolate for Dipping
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 paraffin wax block (also called baking wax)
- Melt butter.
- Add butter to potatoes, then add sugar, coconut, vanilla and salt.
- Use your clean hands to mix thoroughly.
- Shape into small balls or ovals.
- Chill while you prepare chocolate dip.
- To make dipping chocolate, melt ingredients in a double boiler.
- Dip each piece into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.
- Stir in refrigerator in an airtight container.