Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband and I went to a restaurant the other day that had these, and he asked me re-create them at home. This is what I came up with.
- oil, for frying
- 4 idaho potatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick (OR regular French fries.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄2 cup bottled nacho cheese
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- salsa, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- In a deep fryer or large heavy pot, heat oil to 350 degrees F. (If using a large heavy pot, do not fill the oil more than halfway full).
- Fry the potatoes until golden brown, and then drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and add the remaining ingredients, except the salsa and sour cream, on top.
- Broil for a few minutes until bubbly. Put on a platter and serve with salsa and sour cream.