Recipe by Amber Dawn
Top Review by lazyme
These were great! So simple and good. I was a little afraid of putting them on the bottom rack but so glad that I tried it. They came out perfect - crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Thanks Amber Dawn for a nice keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.
- 4 (5 ounce) idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust the oven rack to the lowest position in the oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into eights to form wedges. Toss the potatoes with the oil on a heavy baking sheet or jelly-roll pan, and arrange them flat in a single layer.
- Bake the potatoes without turning, until the bottoms are golden and crisp, about 20 minutes; turn potatoes to the other side. Bake 10 minutes more until crisp. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.