1/1 Photo of Idabel's Potato Soup
1 hr 20 mins
Chef #742452 Amy's Note:
It's a good hearty soup, that can be changed a bit to suit your own tastes. This is my husbands grand mothers recipe. Doesn't freeze well but microwaves just fine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First peel and cube the potatoes and boil them till tender, drain and then mash half of them in a separate bowl.
- 2In a 3 to 4 qt pot saute celery, carrots, and onion in the butter till tender or to your liking.
- 3Then stir in flour slowly until smooth, (you may need to add more butter).
- 4Then slowly add the milk and cook till it has thickened.
- 5Add bullion, parsley, then salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Simmer mixture about 20 minutes
- 7Then add all the potatoes and simmer another 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Idabel's Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 404.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.5 g