Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Well I love this recipe because it has the right amount of everything. My family loves it and can't get enough. I made it all from my preferences in taste.
- 3 lemons
- 5 regular size bags of lipton ice tea bags
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups of ice cold water, and another 2 cups water
- Take a medium-sized sauce pan and fill it with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil, add 5 tea bags.
- Let steep for approximately 5 minutes; remove tea bags.
- Put the tea in any container you would like.
- Add the other 2 cups of ice cold water and the 1 cup of sugar; mix together.
- Cut the 3 lemons in half and juice them into the tea.
- Once you're done juicing all of the lemons, put 2 of the already squeezed lemon halves into the tea and refrigerate for about an hour and serve!
This is wonderful with a nice rich lemon zing! I added a Tazo Passion Tea Bag (Starbucks) cause I like the red color. Just like the tea I had in South Carolina. Great for the cold Canadian winters when you need a reminder that summer does exist.
Mmmmm, delicious. I used Splenda for the sugar and lime in place of lemon (because I had limes) and got a great iced tea that is pure pleasure. It's summer personified :D. Made for Comfort Cafe, Summer 09.