Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for Zaar world tour II
Make and share this Icy Rhubarb (Scandinavian) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom pod
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 6 stalks rhubarb
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- Add the water, sugar, wine, vanilla bean (split in half lengthwise), cardamom zest and juice of 1 lemon in a pan. Bring to boil.
- Cut the rhubarb thinly in a bowl(If the outer layers of the rhubarb are thick peel them).
- Pour the boiling mixture over the rhubarb.
- Put the mixture in the freezer or the fridge to just cool it off.
- Then take the mixture and put in severing dishes.
- In a bowl add the yogurt, powdered sugar, zest and juice of 1 lime mix well.
- Sever over the rhubarb.
- Enjoy the cool fun.
Very easy using 1 1/2 pounds frozen rhubarb. Warming from the cardamom and cooling from the rhubarb,lemon and yogurt(I used raspberry skipping the sugar and lime). I didn`t use any of the wine and didn`t replace it with anything. Thanks for a different type of dessert!