Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
With the delicate flavors of pumpkin, spices and banana, this smoothie is a healthy morning drink. (Makes 1 large, or 2 small servings. Doubles easily! Keep extra smoothies in the freezer.)
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin puree or 1⁄2 cup fresh pumpkin, I guess
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Break the banana into chunks, and place in blender or food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until creamy-smooth.
- Taste and adjust spices.
- Pour into cups.
- If you like, let it firm up in the freezer for 1/2-1 hour.
I thought this was delicious...I used a frozen homemade nut milk that had been flavored with 'nilla, raisins and honey then used all the spices with a heavy hand...skipped the maple and added a small spoonful of more raisins...was like ice cream...loved it tons...made it playing "I Recommend Tag" because i had some pumpkin pulp to use up and NOW will be buying pumpkin asap just to make it again...A GREAT TREAT!!! :)
I actually warmed mine up for a warm breakfast treat. I also used frozen pumpkin that I cooked down myself rather than from a can and a fresh banana. It worked great.
We tried this and really liked it. Will definitely make again!