1/2 Photos of Icy Lemon-Ginger Vodka Cocktails
4 hrs 20 mins
These slushy, potent cocktails are easy to make in batches. They're also ideal for parties because most of the preparation can be done in advance. Thanks to Tyler Florence, TV Food Network!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the sliced ginger with the water and sugar and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, then let the ginger syrup cool slightly. Transfer to a blender and puree. Strain the syrup into a large, shallow glass dish. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Cover and freeze the lemon-ginger syrup until firm, at least 4 hours.
- 2Let the frozen lemon-ginger mixture stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Chop the mixture into large pieces. Put half of the pieces in a blender, add 4 cups of crushed ice and 1 cup of vodka and blend until slushy. Pour the vodka cocktail into 4 glasses, garnish each with a mint sprig and serve. Repeat with the remaining frozen lemon mixture, ice, vodka and mint sprigs. Serve at once.
- 3MAKE AHEAD The lemon-ginger mixture can be frozen for up to 1 week.
- 5Cooking Club Tip: Peel ginger's thin and delicate skin by scraping down the root with a metal teaspoon. A spoon maneuvers around the nubs more easily than a pairing knife.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Icy Lemon-Ginger Vodka Cocktails
Serving Size: 1 (3359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of