Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- In a 4-quart freezer-proof container, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water.
- Stir in pineapple juice and cold water.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving. Place in a punch bowl, stir in ginger ale just before serving.
I brought this to an office holiday party and everyone enjoyed it.
I've made this several times. Mostly for baby showers and it is always a hit! I originally got this from Taste of Home December/January 1999 page 33. The recipe posted here does not specify what size jello is needed. You will need a 6 ounce package of jello. The recipe made as listed yeilds 5-3/4ths quarts (32-36 servings). You may also substitute apricot gelatin for the cherry. I've made this several weeks in advance of the party and just pulled it out of the freezer and completed step #4. I always get raving compliments when I serve this. It is not your average punch. Sweet, a little tang, icy and refreshing. You will not be disappointed :)
My favorite Christmas punch!