Recipe by Charlotte J
I think this is an unusual soup but I could eat it on a hot day. It has all the veggies that I like plus a dollop of sour cream on top.
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 2 inches chunk French bread or 2 inches Italian bread
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped,optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and quarter tomatoes.
- Soak bread in a small bowl of cold water for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Put all ingredients, except garnishes, in a large bowl and stir well.
- Working in batches, blend the mixture in a food processor or blender until almost smooth.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Place garnishes in small bowls and serve.
- Serve cold topped with your favorite garnishes and a dollop of sour cream.