Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creamy caramel and coffee drink recipe is perfect as an after-dinner drink or a special treat anytime using your favorite instant coffee blend. From the Land 'o Lakes site.
- 1 cup land o lakes fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- land o lakes heavy whipping cream, whipped, sweetened
- chocolate-covered english toffee bar, finely chopped
- Place fat free half & half, coffee packet(Cappuccino Classics Suprema, Suisse Mocha, Amaretto Italia or French Vanilla), ice cream topping and ice cream in 5-cup blender container. Cover; blend, scraping sides occasionally, until smooth (50 to 60 seconds).
- Pour into individual glasses. Serve with dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped candy.
Scrumptious! I used whole milk and left out the whipped cream and toffee and it was still so very good! I will make again for a treat. Thanks Julie! Made for Comfort Cafe, recipe of the day.
Scrumptious, this was a truely decadent afternoon treat !! I used caramel dip for the sauce, for the coffee - Starbuck's Instant Columbian with a little Ghiradelli's Sweet ground chocolate - as I don't have any flavored coffees. I used full fat half and half so skipped the whipping cream which would have been to heavy with it. I made a single serving and mixed it in my large espresso milk pitcher and used my immersion blender - so quick to make and easy clean up! Thanks Julie for this lovely recipe. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09.
Specifying "fat free half and half" and then using ice cream, whipping cream, caramel sauce and toffee seems a little contradictory... but if you're aware you're not really going for the skinny and responsible, this is a cool, thick, refreshing pick-me-up on a warm afternoon. Very much enjoyed by the coffee and cream lovers in our household. Made for Comfort Cafe, July 4, 2009.