I found this in a 1992 Southern Living. It is an adult slushy. It makes alot so serve in a punch bowl or any large container. The preparation time includes freezing time which is only an approximation. Obviously, everyone's freezer is different. It's delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the 2 cups of boiling water over tea bags, cover and seep for 5 minutes.
- 2Remove tea bags and gently squeeze them to get as much liquid out as possible.
- 3Stir in sugar, thawed lemonade concentrate, thawed orange juice concentrate, 5 cups of water and 2 cups of bourbon.
- 4Pour this mixture into a large casserole dish, cover and freeze until firm.
- 5Remove the frozen concoction from the freezer 1 hour before serving.
- 6Break the mixture into chunks and place them into a punch bowl or any large container.
- 7Add gingerale and stir until mixture is slushy.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Icy Bourbon Tea
Serving Size: 1 (4587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1063.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 192.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: